Chris & Frank -- AKA "The Rainbow Chasers" -- are full-time RVers traveling about the country in their small, but cozy Lazy Daze motorhome.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Port Townsend Shops - Jul 2009

One of the benefits of staying at the Point Hudson Marina is being so close to the cute town of Port Townsend. We enjoyed many a stroll into town for window shopping and people watching. The first shop closest to the marina is the Elevated Ice Cream and Candy store -- how convenient for us ! And what a cute storefront with the hanging baskets and colorful flower pots.
After getting an ice cream cone, we would wander around town and window shop and check out restaurant menus. All the buildings are beautifully restored and colorfully decorated and nearly every one has some form of flowers and/or plants on display.
My favorites were the fuchsia baskets -- a favorite flower of mine ever since I was a kid growing up in San Diego. Both of my grandmothers had fuchsias growing in their yards and I would get a scolding when I would go around popping open the pod-like buds. This lovely purple fuchsia basket was outside of the "Wandering Angus" store -- selling all things Celtic.
The largest and most colorful of the buildings in town houses a beer pub on the bottom floor and apartments above.
This book store was adorable -- complete with lace curtains and hanging baskets. It seemed like all the stores in town were putting on a show with their window fronts -- teasing and tempting you to go inside.
This small, but gorgeous inn has commanding views of the waterfront. All of the floors have rocking chairs on the veranda and the penthouse suite has access to the uppermost widow walk.
Next to the marina and right on the water is the former home of the Harbormaster. It is now is a bed & breakfast type inn and has a lovely yard and garden for the guests to enjoy.
Window shopping is kind of a good/bad thing these days -- the bad is that we know we cannot buy anything because our discretionary funds are limited, plus we have no room to put anything in the RV, so our purchases are limited to consumables. The good part is that we know we can only look, so there is no pressure to agonize over what trinkets to buy. Sometimes however, I'm tempted........

Now, most of you who know me, will attest to the fact that I wear a lot of t-shirts with the "Life is Good" logo on them. It is a philosophy of life that I can identify with, so it was with some amusement that I spotted this tee with a contrary message.
I would have fun wearing this on a bad day -- ha ha! But, at $30 it wasn't worth it since I have so few bad days. Aaah -- life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home