Chris & Frank -- AKA "The Rainbow Chasers" -- are full-time RVers traveling about the country in their small, but cozy Lazy Daze motorhome.

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Pendaries RV Park-Summer 2011


See our smiling faces! We've had a great time this summer and we are really enjoying our pretty lot at Pendaries RV Park. We plan to stay here through October so we can enjoy some fall foliage.

When we arrived in May, the drought had taken it's toll and the grounds were brown and very dry.
But the monsoons arrived in mid-July and we had afternoon showers for six weeks. All that rain soon led to green grass and wildflowers.
Oh yeah -- a pretty rainbow too! Score another one for the Rainbow Chasers.
Our life has been busy and enjoyable. The park has numerous social activities and we've participated in many of them. The folks here are very warm and welcoming. Many of them have been returning here for years and it feels very much like having an extended family.

Since I enjoy taking photos, I quickly got nominated to be the park's official photographer and I've been adding pictures of events/people to the park's website. I also volunteered to take portraits for the park's first social directory and that has been a great way to meet people.

In addition to all the social outings, one of our favorite pastimes is watching the critters that visit our lot. The forest is abundant with Abert squirrels. I've happily provided them with food so we can enjoy their antics right outside our window.

We had numerous hummingbirds over the summer.
The early summer brought the striking Evening Grosbeaks to the feeders, but they didn't hang around over the rest of the summer. I've seen a few passing through this fall. I loved the mohawk hairdo on this one.
One of the prettiest birds is this mountain bluebird. That said I could have happily done away with him as he had a habit of attacking his reflection in our bedroom window every morning at 5:30.
It surprised me to find pesky pigeons in abundance here. I always considered them to be urban birds.
Since the RV park abuts the national forest, we get other critters roaming through. We've only seen deer in the park once. There is a golf course across the road from the RV park and I think they prefer the grass over there.

There are several foxes in the park. We spotted this one wandering by our lot about six times this summer.
And, of course, the bears! Because of the severe drought this year, the bears were attracted to the park's offerings -- most often raiding bird feeders. They are most active during the night, but I got a good picture of this one as he wandered by our RV during the day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim and Gayle said...

Thanks for the pictures of your new home. Glad you're enjoying it there!

7:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home