Hords Creek COE - Coleman, TX - APR 2010
After leaving Llano, we drove all of 150 miles to another of our favorite parks -- Hords Creek Lake COE. It's near Coleman, Texas and we like it because most of the sites are right on the lake with fabulous views. The sites are roomy and a water/electric site is only $16. There are plenty of shady oak trees if the sun gets too warm and huge, grassy fields to walk the dogs. We were able to get our favorite site #52 and have been here a week already and will most likely stay a few more days.
We've had a lot of cloudy days (welcome to springtime in Texas) and some rain, but the flowers are lovely. I hope to get a few more flower photos when the sun is shining.
I finally put out my bird feeders and within minutes had several hummingbirds fighting over the nectar feeder.
The park is huge and has a wide variety of wildflowers. I've been trying to identify them and memorize their names (I used to know them by heart when we lived here.) Here is a yellow Texas Star wildflower surrounded by bluebonnets.
All of this and our site is perfectly situated to enjoy colorful sunsets.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home