Zion Moon - Mar 2009
Sometimes you happen to be at the right place at the right time and get to see something lovely -- this was one of those special moments. To set the scene -- on occasion, when one of the dogs needs to go out, I'm up before the sun. I'm usually cranky and cold and just want the dog to finish so I can get back inside. On this morning, the crescent moon was rising behind The Watchman and I hurried back to get my camera so I could try and capture the beauty of the scene. I took a bunch of photos and couldn't decide which one I liked the best, so have included several in this post. You can click on each picture for a larger view. Enjoy!
The sun was on its way up and created a light glow just below the moon and it made the sky look like a water color painting.

I tried to get a close-up of the moon, but my camera is not the best for taking low exposure images, but the image was still pretty neat.

As the morning sky began to lighten the moon began to fade, but still looked cool next to the craggy rocks of The Watchman.
As dawn arrived, the sky began to get a hint of pink.

One more shot as the moon began to fade away in the morning light.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home