Chris & Frank -- AKA "The Rainbow Chasers" -- are full-time RVers traveling about the country in their small, but cozy Lazy Daze motorhome.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Idaho Falls, ID - Aug 2006

While staying at Juniper Park, we took the opportunity to take a sightseeing trip into the nearby city of Idaho Falls. One destination was "The Falls" for which the town was named. At 1/4 mile long, they were very impressive and the park surrounding the river area made for a lovely setting. The gleaming white spire of the Mormon Temple provided an equally impressive backdrop.

The second thing we did while in town was to go shopping at a music store where I bought myself a new portable piano. When we lived in our house, I had a large, three keyboard Yamaha organ and loved to play. But it, like some of our other hobbies, just didn't fit into our new lifestyle (literally -- in this case!) Ever since moving into the RV, I'd wanted to get a portable piano but I kept coming up with reasons why I couldn't -- it was too big, too heavy and I already had too many hobbies, etc. Then, at the Lazy Acres campground, we were parked next to two musicians who were sitting outside and playing -- he on the fiddle and she on the autoharp. We wandered over to listen and enjoyed it so much and that's when it really hit me how much I missed making music. Anyway, I bought a small Yamaha portable piano that surprisingly weighs in at a little under 16 pounds. That along with a 3 pound "Fake Book" and I stayed under 20 pounds all total. I'm pretty sure I was the only customer who had ever asked the salesman how much each model weighed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home