Chris & Frank -- AKA "The Rainbow Chasers" -- are full-time RVers traveling about the country in their small, but cozy Lazy Daze motorhome.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

It must have been Moonglow...


December 2005 -- Lake Georgetown, Texas

According to the Farmer's Almanac:
A full moon in December is called the Cold Moon or the Long Nights Moon. During this month the winter cold fastens its grip, and nights are at their longest and darkest. It is also sometimes called the Moon before Yule. The term Long Night Moon is a doubly appropriate name because the midwinter night is indeed long, and because the Moon is above the horizon for a long time.
I prefer a more romantic musing on this lovely December moon. From the song "Moonglow"...
It must have been Moonglow,
Way up in the blue,
It must have been Moonglow,
That led me straight to you
I spotted this gorgeous moon from our motorhome while I was lowering the bedroom window blind. It was so pretty that I grabbed my camera and ran outside and trotted down to the edge of the lake to try and get a good shot. In my haste, I didn't bring my tripod, so had to prop the camera on the ground to be able to shoot a long exposure. Luckily, the craggy limestone rocks provided plenty of places to rest the camera and get it level. The shimmer on the lake was like silver glitter in the crisp evening air. What a pretty sight!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonna said...

What a gorgeous picture. I love your blog and will keep coming back. We are both in the elite group of people who fulltime in a Lazy Daze, a subset of the cult.

I too love the big windows, it does make the small space liveable. If it gets too cold up in Texas, come on down to Mexico. LD's are even better when it's warm outside.

Jonna

1:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home